2008 Diamond Award Winner
PITTSBURGH, PA - Joyce A. Bender, President and CEO of Bender Consulting Services, Inc. was honored as one of 12 southwestern PA Presidents/CEOs to receive a 2008 Diamond Award, sponsored by the Pittsburgh Business Times, during an awards ceremony on April 16, 2008.
Read more about the Diamond Award.
National Easter Seals Society 2006 Distinguished Service Award
On Thursday, October 12, 2006, Joyce received the the 2006 Easter Seals Distinguished Service Award. This award is given to individuals whose sustained efforts have had a significant, nationwide impact on the quality of life for people with disabilities.
Read more about the Easter Seals 2006 Distinguished Service Award.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - 2006 Community Champion
PITTSBURGH, PA - Joyce A. Bender was chosen as a 2006 Community Champion by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, WQED Multimedia, and the Pittsburgh Foundation, for her steadfast volunteer service to the Western Pennsylvania region. Ms. Judy Painter, Executive Director of the Epilepsy Foundation of Western/Central Pennsylvania nominated Ms. Bender for this distinguished award.
New Freedom Initiative Award
On Thursday, October 16, 2003, Joyce received the New Freedom Initiative Award from Federal Labor Secretary Elaine Chao. Joyce is the only individual who, along with five businesses, and four non-profit organizations received the 2003 award. The Secretary of Labor's New Freedom Initiative Award recognizes businesses, organizations and individuals who have demonstrated exemplary and innovative efforts in furthering the employment objectives of President George W. Bush's New Freedom Initiative established on February 1, 2001.
On June 4, 1999, President Bill Clinton presented Joyce Bender, CEO of Bender Consulting Services, Inc., with the 1999 President's Award for her work at Bender Consulting Services, as well as her numerous community efforts. The President's Award is America's highest honor for achievement in furthering the employment and empowerment of people with disabilities.
Bender Consulting Services Awards
- Bender Consulting Services, Inc. received the 2013 Justice for All Corporate Award sponsored by the American Association of People with Disabilities. JFA Awards honor the work that members of Congress, corporations and members of the community are doing to advance the rights of people with disabilities. It is also an opportunity to bring the community together to remember the legacy of the Americans with Disabilities Act and look forward to the work that still needs to be done.
- New Jersey Epilepsy 2003 Employer of the Year.On Friday, September 12, 2003 Bender Consulting Services, Inc. received the Epilepsy Foundation of NJ’s 2003 Employer of the Year Award. The recognition is for the tremendous public service accomplished by the company, to provide competitive employment opportunities for citizens of NJ with epilepsy.
- National Epilepsy Foundation as the 2002 Employer of the Year.
Bender Consulting Services, Inc. has been selected by the National Epilepsy Foundation as the 2002 Employer of the Year. The award was given because Bender's outstanding contributions and commitment to the epilepsy movement and to a better quality of life for people with epilepsy. The conference was in New Orleans, LA, September 12-14, 2002. The Annual Awards Banquet was held on September 14, 2002.
- Pacesetters Award
Bender Consulting's accounting firm, Sisterson & Co., nominated Joyce and Bender Consulting to receive the Pacesetters Award for 2002. The award is sponsored by the Smart Business Network (SBN). This was the third year for the award that honors executives of small businesses who are making an impact on business in the Cleveland, OH, Columbus, OH, Akron, OH, and Pittsburgh, PA areas.
The network provides presidents, owners, and senior-level decision-makers of small businesses with the knowledge and tools to build stronger businesses. SBN provides this through the SBN Magazine, SBNonline.com, SBN conferences and SBN research.
- Delaware Maryland Paralyzed Veterans Association Inc. Award
In June 2000, Bender Consulting Services, Inc. was recognized for its significant contribution to the Butch Ward Memorial Bass Tournament.
- hireAbility Employer of the Year Award
On May 25, 1999, Bender Consulting Services, Inc. received the Employer of the Year Award for leadership and an outstanding example set in the support of hireAbility and the empowerment of people with disabilities. hireAbility is a Philadelphia computer training school that teaches students with disabilities information technology.
- United Rehabilitation Services Inc. (URS) Distinguished Services Award
On October 18, 1999, Joyce Bender received this award for her dedication to improving the lives of people with disabilities. The URS is a United Way Agency supported by the Luzerne/Wyoming Counties Mental Health/Mental Retardation Program and the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Goodwill Industries of Pittsburgh Power of Work Award 1997
On November 13, 1997, Bender Consulting Services, Inc. won the Power of Work Award in the small for-profit category. The committee selected Bender because of the outstanding efforts the company has made in the employment of people with disabilities.
- United Cerebral Palsy of Pennsylvania Employment Award
In 1997, Joyce Bender and Bender Consulting Services, Inc., were recognized for inclusive work practices and a strong willingness to work with people of all abilities.
- Small Employer of the Year 1996 by the Governor's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities
Joyce Bender and Bender Consulting Services, Inc. were recognized by this prestigious committee for the outstanding achievement her for-profit company has made toward employing people with disabilities.