Business Providing Work Experience for People with Disabilities
A Bender Consulting Services Program
The Careers2B™ Program serves as a national workforce development model to address the lack of professional work experience barrier to competitive employment for people with disabilities and improve employment outcomes for talented professionals with disabilities.
Careers2B™ provides paid work experience at sponsor companies to candidates with disabilities, after which participants are eligible to be hired as a direct associate at the sponsor company or to promote their skills in the open marketplace. Careers2B™ participants add value, meeting critical business needs in early-career roles designated for Careers2B™ reserved positions.
Addresses the systemic lack of work experience barrier to competitive employment for people with disabilities. Allows participants to gain valuable corporate experience needed to enter the workforce.
- Was established in 2007 as part of a pilot program by Bayer Corporation and Bender Consulting Services.
- Was officially launched and adopted by Highmark in 2012.
- Representative employers who have hired Careers2B™ alumni include: Bayer, Highmark, Office of Personnel Management, Social Security Administration, Fedex Ground, PNC, Covestro, and many more!
Become a Sponsor
- Sponsor Company > Designates a “reserved position” for recurring periods. (When a Careers2B™ participant exits, this reserved position another Careers2B™ Participant is identified to replace this individual).
- Bender Consulting > Recruits qualified candidates with disabilities. Screening is conducted based on education and required skills.
- Sponsor Company > Interviews and selects candidate. Assigns a mentor.
- Sponsor Company > Hosts selected Careers2B™ participant.
- Bender Consulting > Provides ongoing workplace mentoring support to both the Careers2B™ participant and the sponsor company hiring manager.
- Sponsor Company > Ability to hire Careers2B™ participant as early as six months.
- Bender Consulting > Assists the Careers2B™ participant with resume update and career capture activities.